Xarelto is a prescription blood-thinning medication. It has been shown to lessen the risk of developing or dying from blood clots. It is used in patients with deep vein thrombosis (DVT, a type of blood clot) and pulmonary embolism (PE, also a type of blood clot), as well as for reducing the risk of developing stroke or heart attack in patients with atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat).
There are myriad benefits to using this drug, including better protection against strokes and heart attacks. In addition, it's less likely to cause potentially dangerous bleeding. However, Xarelto is not for everyone. Some people should avoid taking it, such as those with a recent stroke or heart attack.
When the body experiences trauma or strain on the muscle tissue, it can cause a blood clot to form. These clots can block arteries that carry blood to the brain and heart (a stroke) or lungs (a pulmonary embolism) or cause limb damage or death in cases of deep vein thrombosis. By preventing the layers of protein on the surface of red blood cells from sticking together, Xarelto reduces clotting risk. The drug's active ingredient is rivaroxaban.
1. To prevent blood clots:
Xarelto is used to lessen the risk of blood clots in people with a recent history of DVT or PE. It can also reduce the risk of a stroke or a heart attack in people with atrial fibrillation. The drug also has been shown to reduce the risk of future strokes or heart attacks by about one-third.
2. To prevent stroke related to atrial fibrillation
Xarelto may be used to prevent stroke risk in people with atrial fibrillation. This condition causes irregular heartbeats. This drug can be given by injection but is also commonly available as a pill.
3. To treat deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
Xarelto is used to treat DVT, a condition that occurs when a blood clot develops in the deep veins of the legs or pelvis. It is also used to treat PE or when a blood clot forms in the lung's blood vessels.
4. After hip replacement or knee replacement surgery to prevent deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
Xarelto can prevent blood clots after hip or knee replacement surgery if given within the first 90 days of surgery. Bone and blood vessel growth following surgery can increase the likelihood of blood clots.
5. To prevent blood clots that can cause a heart attack in people who have chronic peripheral artery disease or chronic coronary artery disease
Xarelto can also be used in people who have chronic peripheral artery disease or coronary artery disease. It will help prevent blood clots that can lead to a heart attack. Doctors typically prescribe the drug after a patient has had a heart attack or is at high risk of having another.
1. Abdominal pain: Xarelto generic is known to cause abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting. These symptoms may be caused by the drug or by the condition being treated. If you have any of these symptoms, consult your healthcare provider.
2. Back pain: Urinary infections and low blood sugar levels have also been reported by people using Xarelto. The symptoms you have depend on your condition and the dose of Xarelto that you are taking. Your physician can help you decide if Xarelto or other factors cause the problems.
3. Dizziness: Xarelto can sometimes make people feel dizzy. When used with "anticoagulant" drugs to prevent blood clots, dizziness and fainting can result. Therefore, you should talk to your doctor before you take Xarelto.
4. Nausea and vomiting: Some patients taking Xarelto have reported vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea. These side effects may be a signal of a magnesium or vitamin deficiency. Consult your doctor if you have symptoms like these.
5. Itching: Drug-related skin reactions can also occur with Xarelto. Skin rashes, itching, hives, and redness are among the most common side effects. Your doctor may want to stop you from taking the drug if you develop such symptoms.
6. Bleeding: Blood clots can sometimes break loose and travel to another body part after you take Xarelto. Slowed blood flow could cause bleeding in the brain, lungs, or other areas of your body. So, if you notice any unusual bruising or bleeding, contact your healthcare provider as soon as possible.
7. Muscle spasms: Muscle spasms can cause severe pain in your arms or legs. As Xarelto lowers the blood's ability to clot, it is more likely for bruises, swelling, and injuries to occur.
8. Fatigue: Fatigue is also common among patients taking Xarelto and has been described as a feeling of extreme tiredness. If you are experiencing severe fatigue, consulting your doctor could be beneficial.
9. Anxiety: Some people taking Xarelto have reported anxiety and nervousness. It can be caused by several elements, including the therapy itself, side effects of other medications, or other mental problems. If you experience anxiety while taking this drug, talk to your doctor as soon as possible. Some people also experience depression while using Xarelto. If you are depressed, you may desire to speak to your doctor about possible treatments.
10. Trouble sleeping: The side effects of Xarelto generic may also cause sleep disturbances. If you are having trouble sleeping, consider lowering your dose, considering your doctor's opinion, or taking a small nap during the day.
As with any prescription medication, side effects can occur for people taking Xarelto. Knowing these side effects and how to deal with them is important. If you are experiencing any of these signs mentioned above, consult your doctor as soon as possible. Moreover, ensure you understand your prescribed dose and take it properly and regularly. It will help reduce the risk of dangerous side effects from occurring.
A patient should not take Xarelto if they have any active bleeding or if they are allergic to Xarelto or any of its ingredients. People with severe hypersensitivity (allergic reaction, such as anaphylaxis) should also not consume Xarelto.
Yes, Xarelto tablets are more stronger than Aspirin to prevent blood clots.
There are no strict dietary restrictions but one should avoid eating grapefruit and grapefruit juice while taking Xarelto tablets.
Xarelto being a blood thinner can cause fatigue, nausea, dizziness and shortness of breath.
Yes, Xarelto can affect your mood. And its possible to develop anxiety or depression while taking Xarelto tablets.
Safe & Secure payments